- 30-Sep-2013 to 15-Nov-2013 (CST)
- Providence - Green, BR
- Baton Rouge, LA, USA
- Full Time
Providence, a multidiscipline environmental and engineering consulting firm with corporate headquarters in Baton Rouge and offices in Dallas, Houston, and Houma, Louisiana, seeks an entry level environmental scientist. Qualified candidates will have an opportunity to work alongside experienced and entry level employees to pursue a career path in the following areas:
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments
- Groundwater monitoring and reporting
- Soil and groundwater sampling
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Lead and Asbestos sampling and reporting
It is expected that the successful candidate would have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assist project managers in proposal preparation
- Coordinate field activity preparations
- Lead field activities for soil and groundwater assessment to identify contamination impact and related concerns
- Complete and compile field notes for each event/site
- Record data, prepare reports, provide analysis and interpretations of findings based on scientific experimentation and existing knowledge
- Participate in monitoring well installations and sampling events
- Complete routine groundwater monitoring reports
- Research information relating to environmental regulations
The ideal candidate would have the following traits:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to travel
- Values teamwork, but is able to work independently
- Feels a personal responsibility for project even though you may only be working on one task for the project.
- Attention to detail and completeness
- Not intimidated to learn new things, but is excited to learn
- Personable and easy to work with
- Good time manager, ability to juggle multiple projects
-Knowledge of the guidelines and procedures of the Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality rules and regulations are a definite plus.
-Candidate must be detail oriented, and a team player with good communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
B.S./M.S. in environmental / chemical / civil / mechanical / agricultural engineering, geology / hydrogeology, environmental sciences, or related fields and 0-2+ years of related experience.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About Providence: The name Providence, by definition, means "making provisions for the future". Our name highlights the emphasis we place on the future and the roads that will take us there. We aim to provide for our clients long into the future, and accordingly, we maintain their best interests as our focus. Providence's professionals value the relationships we develop with our clients and we think the results of our passion are evident in every deliverable we produce.
We offer competitive salaries plus bonuses and excellent benefits.
•Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
•Health and dental plans
•Tuition Reimbursement Program
•401(K) with discretionary profit sharing contributions
Contact: If you are interested in pursuing a career with Providence please complete our online application at - http://providenceeng.applicantpro.com/jobs/
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!