- 29-Mar-2017 to 01-Jul-2017 (CST)
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, ESOP, Paid vacation and holidays
Providence, a multidiscipline environmental and engineering consulting firm with offices in Dallas, Austin, and Houston, Texas and Baton Rouge, Kenner, Houma, Lake Charles, and Alexandria, Louisiana, is looking for an aggressive and talented individual to assist in the expansion of its environmental services in the Gulf Coast market. A proven technical background in multiple facets of environmental compliance and project management is required. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter that will assume initiative, is versatile, has a service mentality and is skilled in oral and written communication.
The candidate must be technically-strong, business-savvy, have supervisory experience and eager to provide senior leadership, project management, business development, and staff growth. The minimum level of experience is ten years of environmental compliance experience as well as related project management, business development, and staff management capability. The candidate must have a robust understanding of environmental regulations and their applicability to a variety of industries, specifically those in the Texas market. Candidates must have a proven track record of maintaining and nurturing existing relationships with clients as well as growing relationships with new clients. The candidate must also have the experience and desire to manage, serve, train, mentor, and develop junior to mid-level staff.
- Must have significant experience in several of the following areas: environmental site assessments, Phase I and Phase II ESAs, stormwater and wastewater permitting and compliance, SPCC, industrial and hazardous waste permitting and compliance, NPDES/TPDES permitting, compliance auditing, floodplain analysis and permitting, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 10/404 permitting.
- Manage day to day operations of the Regulatory Compliance Team in the Houston office.
- Develop additional business by fostering client relationships and cultivating new relationships.
- Provide leadership to staff by mentoring, training, and enhancing their regulatory knowledge, quality of work, client communication skills, and project/time management abilities.
- Manage multiple wetlands and ecological compliance projects, water and waste permitting and compliance projects within scope, budget, and schedule expectations.
- Provide client liaison assistance for local, state, and federal permitting for public and private sector clients.
- Strong business development background and familiarity with the Texas industrial market.
- Experience with Texas environmental regulations and familiarity with state and federal resource and regulatory personnel.
- BS or MS in chemical, mechanical, or environmental engineering, or related environmental or science discipline.
- 10 plus years of environmental consulting and permitting experience (we say minimum of 10 years in second paragraph)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, management and computer skills (must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Texas PE/PG license (or ability to obtain) preferred, but not mandatory.
- Flexibility for travel.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
About Providence: The name Providence, by definition, means "making provisions for the future". Our name highlights the emphasis we place on the future and the roads that will take us there. We aim to provide for our clients long into the future, and accordingly, we maintain their best interests as our focus. Providence's professionals value the relationships we develop with our clients and we think the results of our passion are evident in every deliverable we produce.
We offer competitive salaries plus bonuses and excellent benefits.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Health and dental plans
Tuition Reimbursement Program
401(K) with discretionary profit sharing contributions
Contact: If you are interested in pursuing a career with Providence please complete our online application at - http://providenceeng.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Sign Up For Job Alerts!